Radical Women, Radical Priorities

By Demian
I have a professor who recently commented that people do not want to hear women speakers, that they are few in number and do not often compare to male speakers in stature or rhetorical technique. While I acknowledge her ability to make such generalizations based on broad trends within the culture, I wanted to devote a post in my blog to provide a couple of strong counterexamples to her thesis. On both sides of the political spectrum there are women of very significant stature. On the right there are, of course, the widely popular and influential voices of Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin. Both of whom I consider to be raving psychotics, nevertheless I must conceede that they are very popular. On the left, there are of course women such as Pelosi and Clinton, but I do not want to focus on them since in my opinion they fall too easily into the typical strong woman stereotypes. (You know what I mean.) By comparison I would like for you to consider the examples of the following women as being extraordinary examples of an alternate and commanding expression of femininity in Politics.

First, Naomi Klein, author of the popular book NO LOGO:



She is knowledgable to the point that hard-headed critics are hesitant to debate her content, preferring instead to slander her character, or to distort her point by defeating straw men.

Here is another wonderful example of a woman who deserves respect and at least in my case has earned it. Here are a few examples of her leaving O'reilley in a counterspin groping for his talking points so he can smear her later. Her name is Susnara Taylor and she is a spokesperson for World Can't Wait:



I am certain their are countless other examples. These are the ones that first came to mind. If you can think of others please let me know.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?